Tuesday, October 28, 2008

dork alert

Ok, not only am I now classified as an official dork just by naming my post "dork alert" but this story will provide the original reason that I officially named myself a dork last night:

So as I said in earlier posts...I'm obsessed with Tom Petty now. Maybe a little too much. Well anyway, I particularly love Mary Jane's Last Dance. I mean it is such a BA song! (Side note: If you do not know what BA means, email me and I'll tell you...I mean come on people this is a family site, and you'll probably figure it out at the end of this post anyway) I am a person who plays songs over and over and over again. Yes, I am aware that this can be annoying which is the reason that I only do that when I'm by myself or with my sister (the only person who understands that part of me). Anyway, so I've been playing Mary Jane's Last Dance over and over and over again. Mostly when I'm on my way to work because it makes me happy, and you know we all need something to make us happy on our way to work...let's be honest. Ok...stay focused...I love the song and I've constantly been listening to it. On this particular instance my dorkness hit me: Last night was fast food night at our house so I made the fast food run by myself and blasted some Petty. Of course it was MJLD and I kept playing this certain part over and over (it was just so BA!!):

Well I don't know what I've been told
You never slow down, you never grow old
I'm tired of screwing up, I'm tired of goin down
I'm tired of myself, I'm tired of this town
Oh my my, oh hell yes
Honey put on that party dress (fave part!)
Buy me a drink, sing me a song,
Take me as I come cause I can't stay long

I specifically played this oh about 10 times while doing the fast food run, and I'm singing and boppin along with it the entire time (singing my heart out like I wrote the song or something)...now you know the lady at Popeye's was thinking I'm some kinda weird when she saw me. But who cares, I loved it, I had a great time and I felt like such a dang BA! And by the way, even though I've listened to that song some umpteen times and that specific part maybe 3,000 times...I still can't get the words right. That's right, I'm a dork...and must I say I AM PROUD!

Another side note: while writing this post I played the song for extra inspiration (I'm in the living room on my laptop and the other JK is on his laptop on the other couch). He decided to blast over my music with "I love it when you call me big papa" by Biggie Smalls, that's right picture him singing along to it while doing his homework...haha, man I love him.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Jessi just so you know you are doing a great thing with your blog..you are inspiring others, like myself, to get back on the Petty wagon. I had forgotten about that song and how great it is! Keep doing your part for mankind...transforming one new fan at a time. But seriously..love you and I always look forward to reading your newest hilarity (and if that isn't a word I am officially making it one)

delores lail said...

I laughed till I had tears, picturing John....too funny!

Emily said...

jess,we are seriously soulmates!i could have written that blog about myself!