Monday, October 13, 2008

oh...my...gosh

Tonight I was again glued to the TV (I HAVE to get a new hobby...I'm up for any suggestions), and got sucked into 17 Kids and Counting (a TV series about the Duggar family who have, yes you guessed it...17 children). Since I love Jon and Kate plus 8 and my cousin Emily speaks highly of the Duggar family I thought that I would allow myself to watch it. Well, if ya'll have ever seen this family you'll understand why my eyes have been wide in astonishment this whole time. They seem really sweet and they love the Lord but that is too much hair for me (all the girls have hair below their waists) and too many floor length jumpers and dresses with ruffled necklines. They also had a family that were close friends of theirs visiting (on this specific episode) that have 16 children and one of the parents said that the Duggar house was so big that they didn't even realize there were 40 people in the house. Shug, I hate to tell you but no matter how big a house is you will always realize that there are 40 people in there, especially if the majority of them are children under 13. Again, they just seem so sweet and happy so I hate to be ugly about their family...I don't think its ugly I'm just expressing my views...right? Well, being the cynic that I am, I just don't see how you can always seem so sweet and happy and its not just the parents, the kids all seem to be the same way...ahh! It kinda makes me want to scream a little. Now you know one of those kids has to have a temper tantrum sometime or be selfish...I guess I'm just astonished by their excessive amount of naivety and pure sweetness. Alright, well, I'm sure they are wonderful people but it all seems a little weird to me and a little unrealistic. (And I swear I saw a smug face on one of the Duggar girls during the Dixie Stampede!--haha she has an attitude!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was totally glued to that show too and thought the same things you were thinking!! I was flipping channels hoping to find a rerun of J&K+8 but ended up watching the Duggar family too! Mason was horrified that I was watching it, but hey...when you're stuck, you're stuck! :)

Hope you two are doing very well! Let us know the next time you make it down to SC to visit P&H. We'll wander down the street and say hey!

- Katie & Mason

katie said...

hahah me and marshall watched it...because we have come to realize that they are so ridiculous that we love them. hhaha its great..and i too saw the girl looking pissed at the stampede, which made me laugh because duggars arent supposed to have tudes b ut they do :)

true life: i love the duggars

Unknown said...

I want to be on True Life: I love the Duggars. I sort of feel comforted when I watch them.

Heather said...

I definitely got sucked into watching them one night. What I can't believe is the mom has litteraly been pregnant for 20+ years. NO THANK YOU!