Sunday, April 5, 2009

report from the social life extravaganza

Well I said that I would report back to ya'll so here it is:

  • Dinner with our realtor and her husband...so great! It was great to see them and for them to see our home. Of course our realtor saw it before we bought it and so she could really appreciate all of the changes we made. And dinner was wonderful! (I'm not patting myself on the back but I mean...it was good!) So that was a delightful evening :)
  • Chick Lit book club: It was ok. It would've been better if I'd read the book but by the time I decided I wanted to go, I didn't have to time to read the book. Also we met in a Panera (great that it was a public place because I don't know these women), but the set up was a little odd. It was one looooong table with about 15-20 women sitting at it. I was kind of stuck at the "not so lively" end of the table. But whatever, that won't discourage me from going next time and it got me really excited to read the next book (Something Blue by Emily Griffin). The book they read for this past meeting was Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin (apparently its a series). Of course I will report back and let you all know how the books are!
  • Pilates: I skipped (oops!) but John had a free night so I decided that I would skip so I could spend time with him (insert: awwwww)....yes I know I'm a sweet wife (just kidding). But I'm going next week so I can get my tail whipped again, haha!
Well, there's the synopsis of my so called (social) life--Claire Danes reference, anyone?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I've read Something Borrowed and it wasn't too shabby. Good luck!

Heather said...

I hope the next book club goes better. It sounds like a great idea.

Unknown said...

Emily Griffin is wonderful! All of her books are sooo good! You will love them! Miss you!!