Thursday, April 23, 2009

newsflash: no meat here

That's right...I read Skinny B*tch again...this time I read the whole thing. Last time I avoided the chapter that I knew was about meat processing and this time I read it. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I gagged the whole way through the chapter. It was disgusting. So I'm pretty grossed out with meat right now. No meat for me, no thank you. I am making meat for John--I knew there was no way to convince him to be a veg, he loves his meat and potatoes. But if you start to see more veggie recipes up here then you'll know why. Like tonight, we had stir fry with mushrooms asparagus, green onions, garlic and cashews (and shrimp for John) and it was soooo delicious! I also think that this will help me to take eating healthy a step farther--now I'll be eating WAY more of my veggies--yummm! Anyway, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well then, it will make fixing vegetarian dishes for gatherings in the fam more worthwhile since you have joined Em in the veggie-club! I'm seeing a lot of Bruschetta and artichoke dip in our future!

Emily said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!This is how the cool girls roll!!! You know thats right! Holla!

And mom, even if the veggie dishes are just for me, it is still worth your while because I appreciate them. Sanks.