Sunday, April 26, 2009

easy and yummy guacamole

I don't know about ya'll but I love some guacamole. I first made it in college and just threw together some ingredients that seemed like they would be in guacamole. I've added a few things and here is what it looks like (oh yeah, I completely eyeball this recipe):

  • 2-3 ripe avocados (you can tell that they're ripe by squeezing them a little...if they're hard, let them ripen a day or two...you want them to be slightly mushy)
  • 1/4 of a medium sized tomato
  • 1/4 of a medium sized onion (I prefer red onions for this recipe because I think it gives it a little extra kick)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • a few squirts of lime juice
  • a couple of dashes of salt
The way that I open an avocado is to cut it in half and pop out the seed. If the avocado is truly ripe you can just push the "insides" out of the skin into your mixing bowl...make sure to get all of it because its so yummy. Mush it up a little bit, still leaving some lumps (well, that's the way I like it...you can mush it completely if you wish). Dice the 1/4 tomato (you can leave this out if you don't like tomatoes) and dump into bowl with avocados. Dice up the onion and mince the garlic, add to mixture. Shake some salt, taste and see if it needs more. Squirt some lime juice in the mixture (to keep the guacamole from turning brown) and mix it all together! Serve with tortilla chips or whatever you wish to eat it with! Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Perryn said...

oh! I've been looking for a recipe for guacamole and I hear from Pamela that you're a great cook, so I'm gonna try this out soon!!

Delores said...

You have a way of making this sound good...even to someone who doesn't like guacamole. I might have to try it! hmmmm.