Tuesday, April 28, 2009

my new life

Here's an update from the past few days and how my home life has definitely changed. First, I can't tell you how many times I've heard/said the following words:
  • Dixie
  • No!
  • Sit
  • Stay
  • Lay
  • Down!
  • Calm down, no seriously, calm down please
  • Come
Yes, they are in order from by frequently they are heard/said. I am love, love, loving having a puppy! She is the sweetest little thing in the world! I think my favorite thing is when I come down in the morning and let her out of her kennel and see how excited she gets once she sees me! She is a little crazy thing, wiggling all over the place and running laps around our living room and dining room and then jumping up on me, so sweet! Here's what happened yesterday...Dixie and I went on a walk and stopped not one, not two but five times before we even left the backyard so she could smell any and every thing. However she decided to wait another 5 minutes until we got to the end of our alley to poo. I just looked at her like "seriously, you couldn't have done that one of the other thousand times we stopped while we were still on our property?" but oh well there's nothing you can do but clean it up (and gag) and keep walking.

I used to couldn't stand when other dogs would jump on me and slobber, well hello, here I am with slobber and puppy smell all over me and I couldn't be happier! Also, one of the good things about living up north is that I don't have springtime allergies like I did back down South however, my eyes are bloodshot and itchy and my nose is runny, guess I'm a little allergic to dog hair. Note to self, buy more allergy medicine.

Right now she's tearing apart a furry toy, John's laughing and I'm blogging about it. It's official, we're an old married couple treating a dog like our child. Haha, we love her!

2 comments:

Emily said...

There's nothing more comforting than to be sitting on the couch with your husband, watching your pets play and just being content with life. It's my favorite thing to do!

Cynthia said...

Coming from a person who did not consider herself a "dog-person", I totally know what you mean! I can't wait to get home at night to see Lucy and kiss on her. She has definitely helped fill a void in my life and I thank God and Will for her!