Sunday, April 26, 2009

my DIXIE land delight!

Here is my Scranton surprise:



Yes, I drove all the way to Scranton while John was "studying" the slides of his presentation for that afternoon. He dropped me off at the mall and came back about 2 hours later to pick me up. After he called me and said he would be at the mall soon I walked down to the parking lot where he originally dropped me off. I walked up to the car and was looking at him, my eyes were saying "why aren't you unlocking the doors??" and his eyes moved to the passenger seat. I looked down and noticed a beautiful black puppy staring back at me!! (I hadn't noticed her earlier because the interior of the car is black and the parking lot was very dim) Of course I teared up and didn't know what to say, conveniently a woman was about to back into the car so our special moment was interrupted. John then found a parking spot and I ran over to the car with tears of happiness still welled up in my eyes. And there you have it, Dixie, our 4 month old English Shepherd from a shelter outside of Scranton! This is by far one of the sweetest, most thoughtful things that John's done for me! He never ceases to amaze me! What a wonderful hubby :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree, a true gift of love. Knowing how busy he is the next few weeks. I know Dixie will be well loved and more spoiled than most. She is absolutely precious!!! Love her face!!!!

Mom said...

ooops, Anonymous is your Mom.

Heather said...

Yay for your new addition. She's beautiful!

Emily said...

I love her! And I love the Alabama song Dixieland Delight! What a precious baby and John is such a sweetheart to surprise you!

barbara said...

omg i love her... she is beautiful! and i love that john surprised you like that! love and miss you!!!!