Sunday, May 22, 2011

weekend update

Here's what I've been up to as of late:



I went to see West Side Story this week with my friend and it was wonderful! I've seen the movie before and thought it was OK but seeing it live was just awesome. Things are always better live, right? The music is great ("I Feel Pretty" and "Tonight" are my favorites) but I forgot how great the dancing was. I mean like really great dancing. Like ballet/jazz/50s jig kind of dancing. It was awesome. I'm definitely glad I went to see it, plus it makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of this whole "big city" thing :)



We watched The Fighter the other night and I have to say I was a little bummed. I was really looking forward to watching it because I think Amy Adams is amazing, plus Christian Bale is great and Marky Mark ain't too bad either. Also, I had heard a lot of great reviews and it was nominated for a ton of awards. I did enjoy all of the main actors' performances though. I guess I just wanted to feel like "wow, that was an awesome movie!" at the end and it just wasn't there. So you go through this struggle with this struggling fighter (go figure) and in the end I guess I wanted a bigger win. Kinda like Cinderella Man. But it was still good and I do recommend it.



And that brings us to last night. We went to see the Pirates play. It only took us an hour and 15 minutes to get into downtown (normally a 5-10 minute drive) and find parking. Let's just say by the time we found parking and walked to the game I was thinking "hmm, why did I agree to this?". But, alas, I did enjoy myself. I know, right?? I've suffered through games before to appease the hubs, but I actually enjoyed this one! I usually bring a magazine with me for when I get bored but I didn't even have to pull it out. I actually followed where the ball was going, kept up with how many bases were loaded/strikes/outs and I liked it. Weird, I know. Plus it didn't hurt that they won too. First time we've been to a game that they've actually won (no joke). Go Pirates!

No comments: