Thursday, May 19, 2011

recap

So remember last week when I had that crazy idea that I should think about, maybe consider, actually maybe try to run a 5k? Well guess who got started? This girl! Oh yes I did. (And the more I hype myself up about it and talk about it the more likely I am to actually follow through with it)

So I conversed with my friend Whitney about how she trained for a marathon awhile ago. Now don't get excited people I won't be running a marathon until...oh yeah, never. Anyway, she sent me this helpful layout and I decided that this was do-able. So I began and because my life is not terribly exciting right now I will share with you how the days have gone.

Monday: took Dixie for a walk, great
Tuesday: after much trepidation I bit the bullet and ran...for 20 minutes straight!! For those who don't think that's a big deal, maybe you don't know me, because I don't know if I've ever run for 20 minutes straight, like ever.
Wednesday: pilates
Thursday: (mistakenly) took Dixie for a run. Today was the day she decided she had the runs (if you know what I mean) and our first potty break was 17 seconds into the run, I kid you not. The next one was 2 minutes in. I literally said "you have GOT to be freaking kidding me dog!" as I'm trying to maintain speed (?) and stamina. She also decided that there were a couple of particularly good smelling spots so she just stopped mid run to sniff and not budge. Which led to me yanking and semi-pulling her for a bit. Then she promptly got a second wind and began to yank and pull me. I'm sure we looked hilarious, although while trying to concentrate on running it was not so hilarious to me. Live and learn people, live and learn.

2 comments:

whitney said...

woohoo! you're so awesome! :)

Heather said...

You go girl! I haven't gotten the umph back to start running again now that Paige is born. Although, I did consider doing a triathlon with some girlfriend which would have left me with the running portion. Hmm, P was busy that day so I have to watch the kids-darn!