Tuesday, May 3, 2011

leaving carolina

Hmmm....how did I come across this book you may ask....divine intervention? No, not really...well, maybe. So here's the story: I was raiding Borders' going out of business sale a couple of weeks ago (extremely discounted books=this gal's paradise) and this book title happened to catch my eye. Hmm, I wonder why? The next thought in my head: "no Pittsburgher should own this book, it was meant to be in the hands of a true Southerner!" And no, I'm not joking or exaggerating and yes, I am that proud and protective of my heritage. So along with the story, I'd never even heard of this book or this author for that matter but I knew it had to be mine (so maybe it was divine intervention). Anyway, I just finished it (in less than 2 days) and it was really cute! I really enjoyed it and find myself craving for more of the story at the end. Not that it wasn't enough but I kinda wanted to see a little more (that often happens to me when I'm done reading a book I really enjoy). Lucky me, I do a little googling on this Tamara Leigh and find out she has more books and that this one is just #1 in a series, yippee! So I promptly added the rest of her books to my Goodreads list and I will be getting around to them pretty soon.

So yeah, back to the book review: cute book, love the author's "voice", however it was difficult for me to follow the beginning of a couple of chapters at first, but I caught on after a few paragraphs. And as I said, I'm definitely interested in reading more of her stuff. Oh and yeah, she's definitely Southern through and through. Like the "you just can't make this stuff up unless you grew up there" kinda Southern. Love that. Let me know if you want to borrow it, because as you well know, I own it :)

No comments: