Monday, May 2, 2011

kale chips

Kale chips have been all the rage lately. They've been on multiple food blogs, featured on TV shows and everything in between so I decided I must try them for myself. Since kale is supposed to pretty amazing for you and these people claim that it tastes "just like a potato chip" I figured, how can you go wrong with this?

Well somehow it didn't turn out just quite right. I think maybe I cooked them too long even though I followed this recipe and it seemed pretty foolproof. They were pretty dry as in "cough cough, now I need some water to wash this 1/2 a bite down" kinda dry. I just wasn't impressed. I think I may try them again and not cook them as long but I kind of feel that that's just how the texture is supposed to be. In that case I think I'll stick with my good ol' collards for some green veggie super powers.

1 comment:

Emily said...

i love them! i spray with olive oil, sprinkle garlic salt and/or parmesan and cook at 425 for like 6-8 min. (but watch them until the start to turn crisp). mmm so good!