Wednesday, May 27, 2009

jealous

So since John has been logging in lots of hours with the yard (yes, I pulled weeds too!) I have been logging in some Dixie one-on-one time in the house (aka making sure she doesn't rip apart our place while we're only a few feet outside). After we've played fetch, gone on a walk and played a game sort of like chase (until she gets bored and wants to do something else) this woman gets tired! So naturally, I get on my computer to catch up on the blogs that I follow (I am a blog stalker...go figure) and as soon as I pop open my laptop the "content in the corner little puppy" gets very jealous. And I mean VERY...she does not hesitate to bound over to the couch, jump up on the couch without permission (going against everything we've trained her to do...go figure again), and start nipping and scratching me. She literally wiggles her body over the keyboard so I can't type or see the screen anymore. So, being the good dog owner that I am, I rub her belly and love her and go back to my computer. No, that is not enough. Needless to say, tonight has been a juggle of playing games, sitting on the computer, trying to appease a puppy with a looong belly rub and trying to go back to the computer. Fun times people.

2 comments:

katie said...

YAYYY!!!! I can't wait to meet her this weekend!!

Heather said...

Umm you are going to have to work on this giving into demands thing before kids come along-trust me. Ohh and it's hard. They're just too darn cute (puppies and babies that is)!