Thursday, May 7, 2009

you got boyfriend?

Yes, I'm pretty sure Dixie may have a boyfriend. Today as we began our walk she met what looked like a Shepherd/Husky mix. After they growled a little bit and semi-pounced on each other they had a smell-fest--that's right, they smelled everything...bums, bushy tails, bellies, and faces/it looked like they were kissing (I kicked myself for not having the camera). After the awkward duration of smell-fest '09, I made up an excuse that "we really needed to get to our walk"/Dixie pulling me up and down hills while I try not to trip over her when she abruptly stops to smell concrete, again. We left her new beau and not even 15 feet later she decided to poo. Classy. Way to make a first impression, Dixie. Oh well...we went on our "walk" and 35 minutes later returned to see Dixie's beau still outside with her owner, thne proceeded to continue smell-fest '09 as the other dog owner and I indirectly talked to each other through the dogs. That's awkward. He seemed a little introverted so I just kept cooing at the dogs and saying things like "aww you're sweet Dixie" and "look you've found a friend, aww". Awkward. Being a dog owner brings you into a whole new social realm. For instance a week ago we ran into Crazy Dog Lady. Yes, she exists and she lives on the street behind us (eek!). She decided to talk through her dog as well by saying "ohh let's go meet your new neighbor" (all the while staring at Dixie and not making eye contact with me until about 1.5 minutes had passed). She then pointed to EVERY house on the street, told me the last name of the family, how many dogs lived there and what the dogs' names were. Nice. She's totally crazy. Needless to say we try to avoid her at all costs. Yet, another adventure in the world of being a new dog owner, I know you all enjoyed it :)

1 comment:

delores lail said...

A very good way to meet your neighbors. Amazingly strange how many of us adults met some of our best friends through our kid's friends (parents). Dixie could lead you to new social heights!!!