Tuesday, May 12, 2009

something borrowed, something blue

Here are my two latest book reports:



Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin

I first came across this book because my cuzzie Emily sent it to me, however what made me pick it amongst its 20 brothers and sisters that she also sent me was because my book club was reading it. Well they already read it. Yeah, the meeting I went to, I decided too late that I was going and they already read it and talked about it. For the next session they were reading the sequel, Something Blue. So I decided that I could read both before the beginning of May. Haha yeah right. In that time period I had my family visit and I got a puppy. Anyway, I LOVED this book! I don't want to give too much away but its about a hard working lawyer, Rachel White who's the typical good girl and her best friend Darcy Rhone who is the gorgeous party girl. Anyway, Rachel has an affair with Darcy's fiance...and I'll let you find out the rest. Its great! And, yes, I know it sounds bad to say that a book about an affair is great--no I'm not promoting affairs, but it is a good book! If you like a little bit of drama (why yes I do!) and "chick lit" (I hate that term) books, then this will bode well with you.

Something Blue by Emily Griffin



Of course after I finished Something Borrowed I ran to Target to buy Something Blue and I would say it's just as good as the first, if not better. So if you read Something Borrowed you MUST read Something Blue to follow up with...I mean who likes to be hanging at the end of a story? I always love to find out how it ends! I can't loan out Something Borrowed (not mine) but I can loan out Something Blue if you would like to bypass buying it. Again, if you like a little drama and love books with women as main characters, you will love this! (Side note: Neither of these are life changing books--they're just for fun) I give them both 5 out of 5 stars! Enjoy :)

No comments: