Monday, May 18, 2009

light alfredo sauce

One of the delish recipes I tried this weekend was a light alfredo sauce...enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound uncooked fettuccine
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
  • 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half-and-half, cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add pasta, tossing gently to coat.

I used fat free half and half (as always) which I'm sure knocked a few grams of fat off the sauce. This sauce is quick and easy to make and its sooo good! And trust me, I'm very picky about my alfredo sauce, I hate it thick and creamy/fatty...this is a thinner sauce and very tasty. Its a very versatile dish for example you can top it with sauteed shrimp or with asparagus (can you pick up on who ate what?). Also here's a tip I learned, its better the next day after the sauce has had time to soak up in the noodles.

Here's the nutrition facts (these are the facts with real half and half):

Calories:427 (31% from fat)
Fat:14.6g (sat 7.8g,mono 4.2g,poly 1.3g)

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I made this last night and i used about the same amount of butter, evaporated milk and parm....mine was 17g of fat so you win