Saturday, May 23, 2009

tasty black bean dip

Yep, I've got yet another recipe for ya'll...last night I made my own rendition of black bean dip and it was soooo gooood!! Here ya go:

Black Bean Dip
  • 2 (15 oz.) cans refried black beans w/jalapenos (if you don't have these just buy two cans of black beans...rinse and drain, add a couple of chopped jalapenos and a little of the juice then pulse in a food processor until paste-like)
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced (I LOVE garlic so I used 4)
  • 4 sprigs of green onions chopped
  • a couple of dashes of salt
  • a couple of dashes of cayenne pepper
  • a couple of dashes of cumin
Basically you take all of that and mix it up, then enjoy! It's so easy and delicious! I looked at a recipe on cookinglight.com and then kind of created my own from what I had on hand. I think there was like less than a gram of fat in a serving and about 19 calories. So it's packed with protein and low in calories and fat...could this be any better!? I served it with tortilla chips but if you want to go real healthy serve with celery sticks and/or carrot sticks.

No comments: