Monday, May 18, 2009

pittsburgh pirates

That's right, John talked me into going to a Pittsburgh Pirates game on Friday night. Well not so much talked me into it but asked if I wanted to go and me being the sweet wife that I am said yes because I knew that he would have a great time. (He was able to get discounted tickets through his graduate program) Well, if any of you know me well you know that I'm not a sports person and certainly not a baseball person, I find it particularly boring (except the intro music for each batter!). So I was dreading it to be honest. But we arrived at PNC Park and I have to say that it is a beautiful ball park! Not that I'm an expert at ball parks but it was very clean and nice and seemed pretty new. Plus the view from our seats was INCREDIBLE! (Don't tell John but that's what I looked at most of the time--well that and the big screen) Despite my initial feelings, I quickly found out that I was really enjoying myself! I really had a good time and wouldn't mind going back! We got "baseball food" and sang "Take me out to the ball game...". The night was perfect too, the temperature was great and only white fluffy clouds were in the blue sky. And I think John was very happy to have attended his first MLB game even though the Pirates lost. So yes, I would (gasp!) go again! Here's the view from the park:

4 comments:

delores lail said...

So cool. Glad you left the book at home. If you're American you've gotta love baseball. Love the view!

Cynthia said...

I didn't like baseball either until Will started playing. Our Nannie loved baseball which I found odd for an older lady! Darrell, the kids, and I went to some Braves games in Atlanta in the ninetys with a group of people and had a blast...even loved the Wino in the subway yelling "Let's cheer for some homeruns!" over and over and over to us 'cause we were all decked out in our Braves gear!

katie said...

thats a beautiful picky, and I'm glad you enjoyed your pirate expierence!

Ginny said...

I don't have internet so i'm having to catch up on the posts...I can't believe you didn't watch the game! Out of respect for John and I, you shouldn't announce that... You should say you love baseball especially the pirates (and rangers) and brewers because they are awesome and baseball is the best sport ever!!!! I can't wait to go to a game with ya'll!!!!!! I'm pumped!!!!!!