Monday, June 1, 2009

good friends, marriage, and a sunburn

First of all I would like to give a shout out to our dear friends Pat and Emily...congratulations! They were married this past Saturday, which is why we headed down to Raleigh a few days ago. (the picture is of them at our wedding) We had such a great time, we got to see friends, family and a beautiful wedding! The wedding was outside on a gorgeous golf course followed by a lovely dinner reception inside. Emily was a beautiful bride and they're a great couple, we wish them only the best :)

I was able to stay with good friends and spend great quality time with them! It felt like we left just yesterday (so sad). John and Dixie were able to spend a lot of good time with John's friend Chad right before he leaves for Germany for 6 months. During my good time with friends we decided to lay out at their apartment complex's pool...where I got a sunburn :( I spent 2.5 hours outside without (gasp!) sunscreen! Now I'm feeling the consequences and trust me its no fun. See I'm usually not familiar with sunburn because I wear sunscreen and/or get a base tan at a tanning bed. The frosting on the cake is that puppies clearly don't recognize sunburn nor do they care which is why they have no problem jumping on your back at 7:45 in the morning and scraping your burnt back with their toenails and taking off your pj pants all in one fell swoop (thank goodness there was no one else in our dining room this morning). Yeah, I know I just painted a pretty picture, but that was the beginning of my Monday morning.

All in all, we were thrilled that we were able to go to NC and witness one of the happiest days of Pat and Emily's lives, and it was an extra bonus to be able to spend time with wonderful friends! We wrapped up the visit with a brunch with Mom, Dad, and Katie...so delicious! Thank ya'll so much for coming to eat with us :) We love all of our NC friends and family (well we love all of our friends and family!!!)!!

No comments: