Sunday, June 21, 2009

congrats grad!

First of all let me say that I'm sorry that I haven't blogged in 2 years. Second of all, we went down to sweet ol' NC for Katie's graduation! Wahoo! I'm so incredibly proud of her! I was so thrilled to be able to watch her through tear filled eyes (my eyes, not hers--the heart of stone doesn't cry) walk across that stage! And her next stop is N-C-STAAAAATE! Yay! After she graduated we went back to my parents' house and had a barbeque, it was so great to see close friends and family! Although, I will say that we came home to a surprise...see we left Dixie out in the yard with Oakley (my family dog) to romp around and have a good time. However it slipped our mind that Dixie is still a puppy and can be quite destructive. So we walked back there to see that Dixie had eaten all of Mom's marigolds, ripped up some hosta and drug it all over the yard, dug holes, spread around pine straw in places it hadn't been before and literally eaten hibiscus blooms right off of the plant. I was mortified! John and I quickly changed from nice clothes to work clothes and tried to fix as much as possible...the fam helped out too but I wanted to do as much as I could since it was our dog that had been the destructor. Other than that everything went smoothly and everyone had a wonderful time. Thanks Mom and Dad for having us, we were so happy to be there! Thank you for everyone who came to the graduation partay afterwards, it was great to see ya'll too!! And Katie, I'm soooooooooooooooo proud of you! I love you baby sister!!

PS-I will post pics once Katie sends them to me, somehow John and I always remember to bring the camera on trips but forget to take pics. Oh well...

3 comments:

katie said...

haha your heart of stone comment made me laughys! I'm so happy you could pencil me into your schedule to come down, I had so much fun with you!!!!!! LOVEYS!

Abby said...

I'm so sad I had to miss it...but we will def make up for it at the beach! Love both you girls!!

delores lail said...

Who needs marigolds anyway?
It was a great day and weekend! It was wonderful to have you guys here as well as the friends and family that celebrated Katie's big day with us!