Tuesday, June 9, 2009

the South will rise again!

OH. MY. GOSH! I'm speechless (for once)!

Ok, now that I've displayed my sheer excitement I will explain myself. So my boss mentioned to me the other day that it was his wedding anniversary, I then in turn asked him what he was getting his wife, he said "I'm taking her on a trip...oh yeah, I'm sure you would like this...we're going to a recreation of Tara." I almost peed my pants a little...could he be talking about THE TARA...THE GONE WITH THE WIND TARA (the only ONE, duh!)?!?! And yes infact he was speaking of our (the South's) beloved Tara! Can you believe that?! There is a recreation of Tara that exists and in the darn North to boot!! After he told me a little about it I tried to stifle a squeal and again I almost peed my pants (I'm sure you all enjoy these vivid images). Well he came back on Monday and described the whole experience, and no I was not ashamed to ask details about the exquisite food he said he had and the antiques that he saw. My heart literally fluttered for about 15 minutes straight. TARA! He then told me that he was sure they would treat John and I like royalty since we have Southern accents. Hello people I'm trying to go there!!! When I mentioned it to JK he said it was too expensive (danget!!!!). Well if we don't go for a night and stay we are definitely going for a tour sometime! (by the way, can you tell how passionate I am about this post?) And oh yeah, the employees dress up in clothes from that era! I mean let's see...there's a recreated Tara, they dress up in clothes from that era, the food is incredible, the ENTIRE mansion is decorated with gorgeous antiques AND every room is named after something from Gone With the Wind or something regarding the South!! Could I find anything more perfect?! Ok please do yourself a favor and check out their site...http://www.tara-inn.com/index.htm (and no I don't know how to make this into a link still, so if ya'll are in on a secret please share!).

I still can't believe this is in the North, is that proof enough that them dang Yankees are jealous of our culture? Yes, I believe it is.

4 comments:

delores lail said...

I bet Dixie even gave her wag of approval! Sounds amazing! But really?? in the north? Must have been a true southern "grit" separated from the South that built the place and the whole reenactment.

Cynthia said...

OMG!!! Antiques, great food, GWTW, Tara, please, forget the romance, when can WE go? Should your mom and I drive up for a long weekend this Fall?! I knew all along we southerners were envied. Who wouldn't want to be a GRITS?!

Heather said...

How COOOOOL! I had no idea they had a Tara recreation. Ohh take me, take me. I wanna go. And I'll even work up my most southern accent...."as God as my witness..."

Abby said...

I wanna go too!! We could all be different characters when we go and only act and say things they would! That would really freak the people out that work there!