Thursday, June 4, 2009

taylah

Yes, that's correct...that's the name Taylor pronounced Taylah. This post is dedicated to my best (and only) bud in PA, Taylor (duh). I met Tay at my job, she was the old HR assistant and was able to train me for 2 weeks. We instantly connected and have been pals ever since! She's the same age as me but a little different, she's lived in western PA her whole life and is half Italian (yes, her father was born in Italy and immigrated here with his family when he was a young boy) and half Polish. Its quite fun to share stories about our different cultures...I teach her all about Southern culture (she is appalled that I wear overalls and laughs almost everytime I say ya'll) and she tells me crazy tales of her very Italian grandmother (which I soak up and semi-wish I had one of my own). She loves food (duh, to be any friend of mine this is a must!) and loves to laugh...perfect match, right?! Well tonight she came over and we made dinner (bruschetta is a must at all of our get togethers), played with Dixie and took her for a walk (more like she dragged Taylah up the street), got ice cream at Bruster's (apparently a popular ice cream place around here) and just sat and talked. I love just sitting and talking with another woman...that's definitely something that I miss from good ol' NC. Taylah is just a wonderful, sweet, uplifting person and I'm very thankful that our paths crossed and now we're good friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this made me so happy!
i almost cried. but i cry at a lot of things, so i wouldn't worry if i were you, haha.
i'm so glad i got to meet you! at least there was one good thing that came out of SVI, haha :)
you better come visit soon! and you can meet my Nonna and learn how to cook real Italian food, mmmhmm

delores lail said...

Great Friends are priceless! Amazingly God treats us with friends, sometimes in places we'd least expect....I am thankful that you have Taylor in your life!