Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pam's visit

As many of you may know, my dear friend Pamela came to visit this past weekend. We had such a great time together! Just like college :) I think it would be easier to list the things that we did instead of writing a 2 page blog about it:

-First I picked her up from the airport and brought her back to our CLEAN house!
-I showed her around the house, we chatted a little and then she went to bed
-We woke up and I made pancakes for the 3 of us
-We cleaned up, then showered and got ready to explore
-We went to the Strip District (an area of town that contains old warehouses that are now changed into ethnic food stores and wholesale meat stores)
-We bought some veggies to make guacamole and enchiladas with, along with freshly made salsa that was wonderful! We were also offered roses for free from a street vendor but I insisted that we pay for them (needless to say, we got them for half price...they were beautiful!)
-We went to Chickfila (they don't have them in NYC and Pam specifically requested that we go)
-Shoe shopped at DSW where I talked Pam into some gorgeous yellow flats
-Grocery shopped to pick up the last few items for dinner
-Came home and made a wonderful Mexican dinner, complete with guacamole, salsa, sangria, and enchiladas
-Watched West Side Story and a little SNL, then went to bed
-We slept in on Sunday, laid around and eventually ate leftover enchiladas
-Got ready and went to see a matinee of He's Just Not That Into You (loved it! highly recommend it!)
-Came home and watched Friends
-Went to an Irish pub that John and I love! (John stayed at home and did homework)
-Watched mine and J's wedding DVD, then most of Failure to Launch
-Went to sleep and slept in (not too late) on Monday
-Age lunch at Panera (another Pam request) and ran errands
-Came back to the house and laid around watching Friends, playing on the computer and painting nails (mine are electric blue!)
-Then I had to drive her to the airport :( where she made it back safely to the big city

I had a wonderful time, thank you so much for coming Pam! It was packed full of fun! I love you!!

PS-Pam send me some pics so I can post them (please!).