Saturday, February 21, 2009

the library

Last night John and I wanted to go out (aka I didn't want to cook and I was dying to get out of the house). Somehow, John was able to get this stuff called Dining Dough. I think he got it through some website, whatever...basically its x amount of dollars towards a gift certificate at a certain restaurant. You can choose a restaurant from a list that's on Dining Dough's website. So we were looking and looking and only growing more frustrated at not knowing what to choose and getting hungrier. Well, we chose a cute little place called The Library. It was advertised as a restaurant/bar in the South Side (an area of town known for cool bar and grill type places). Once we arrived I fell in love! It was so cute...low lighting, dark walls and decorated with books...just like, you guessed it, a library! Such a cool place! And the food was fantastic! Mmmm mmm! I had bow tie pasta with gouda cream sauce, with sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach. It was delish! John had some type of salmon with yummy vegetables!! Needless to say, we'll definitely be going back...I told John that whenever my cousin Emily came up to visit that I was taking her there because she's a bookworm and loves good food and drinks! (Can't wait Em!) And for any of our other guests who would like to visit...just let me know and I would gladly make another trip there :)

2 comments:

delores lail said...

You guys in Pitts have interesting restaurant buildings. I mean we had dinner in a church, now a library? What's next? I loved the food at the church/restaurant. I'd love to visit the library! : )

Cynthia said...

I'm going with you guys! I'm afraid the next restaurant might be an old hospital. HAHA!