- My entire body was begging me not to run but I did anyway (yay me for staying dedicated!) and ended up running past the original distance I set for myself (whoop whoop!). Fist pump.
- Songs that I listened to and haven't heard in a hot second, yet seem to be giving me an odd sense of motivation to continue running: Bossy by Kelis and Nookie by Limp Bizkit. I think Bossy gave some motivation because let's be honest, it's just an awesome song. As for Nookie, I have no idea where that motivation came from except that I haven't heard it in a looooong time and it made me laugh.
- When I was done I was sweating all over, like we're talking places I didn't know could sweat. How does that happen? Ewww.
- After I changed clothes (into gardening clothes, I'm getting ready to weed the yard...yes, I lead a glamorous life) and thought I was somewhat dry, I get up from the couch and there's butt sweat. Yes, butt sweat. Awesome. Gross times like a million. Yuck.
- Shins are doing OK. They still ache a little even though the pain has gone down a lot. And I still think it's worth it...I keep telling myself that.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
I like posting stuff about my runs because I like to imagine that you are somewhat interested in progress/daily struggles and to be honest, it makes me feel good to say that I'm still running, therefore there is a higher chance that I will continue this craziness. So here are some things from today's run: