Monday, April 18, 2011

tornado

As most of you know there was a huge spring storm (read: multiple tornadoes) that ripped through NC on Saturday. When my mom first texted me that a tornado was coming through I didn't think anything of it. It's kinda like her texting "it's going to snow" well little did I know that this was a very real tornado. When she said that her and Katie had been evacuated to the basement of the convention center I started panicking. My head began swimming and the lightheaded feeling began to set in as I feverishly texted my dad to get updates (so as not to worry Mom and Katie)...Dad was at home and Mom and Katie were in Raleigh. Minutes later I was assured that Katie and Mom were safe. The tornado(s) was headed towards Dad now. Again, after a small amount of time he informed me that he and the pet pals were just fine. Thank the Lord. Seriously, so thankful that my family and friends are doing well and were not injured. Here is an interesting and definitely heroic story: Lowe's in Sanford, NC

Please keep the other families with fatalities and/or missing people in your prayers.

2 comments:

katie said...

such an inspiring article! a really scary experience though!

Cynthia said...

It was scary and I'm glad Lores and Katie are ok! Em, Abby, Alice, and I were sitting in Moe's in Burlington when it hit there. I thought the windows were going to blow out and the SUV next to my car was going to roll over it! We didn't realize how bad it was until we saw it on the news. WAAAH!