Sunday, April 17, 2011

lipstick jungle

When I finished this little gem earlier in the week I felt empowered and ready to take over the world in the "I am woman hear me roar" kinda way. I think Candace Bushnell has a way of doing that to me. It's the same kind of feeling that I had after I read (and later watched) The Devil Wears Prada (not written by Bushnell but the same kind of idea) and after each episode of Sex and the City. I like that feeling. I definitely recommend this book to all women. Especially women that are working in a male-dominated atmosphere. Bushnell speaks to the hearts of all women while making you think and laugh all at the same time. Love it. If you're into chick lit then you would definitely like this book. My inner feminist is telling me that I shouldn't use terms like "chick lit" but whatever, that's exactly what it is. Any man in his right mind would probably not read something like this. Enjoy ladies!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Chick lit is a genre as much as horror and mystery are:)

Allison said...

i never read this book but i watched the tv series while it was on for 2.5 seconds and i loved every milisecond of it! don't know if you could find the series anywhere but you would probs like it! its just trashy enough : )