Saturday, April 30, 2011

movie time


True Grit
We watched this last week when my in-laws were in town because my father-in-law and John are big western movie fans. I'll have to say that this is the first western that I've watched where I stayed awake the entire time. And I really liked it. I thought it was a good movie, which I'm sure makes my father-in-law beam with pride :) I definitely suggest it and now I would like to see the new version, however I'm sure the old one is better (aren't they always?). My favorite line: "They tell me you're a man with true grit", Mattie. I know that sounds silly since that's the title of the movie but the way she says it, with such a confident bravado (considering she's no older than 15). I just like it. And now I can say I've officially watched a John Wayne movie and enjoyed it, now I feel a little more American.


An Affair to Remember
The other night John was with friends and I was at home suffering from sickness/possibly allergies so I decided it was time to watch an old romantic movie. I ended up choosing An Affair to Remember and I'm so happy that I did! What a sweet, classic old movie. I loved the drama of it all and the old timey romantic ways of the guys back then. Aaaah, swoon. Oh and btw, Cary Grant is just dreamy. Yeah I said it, dreamy is the only way he can be described. And oh yeah, why wasn't I born back then? I kinda feel like I was supposed to live in those days. Oh well, a gal can dream. Meet you at the top of the Empire State Building, Cary. :)


Rudy
Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! How is it that I just saw this movie?! Yeah, I know it's a classic but I just watched it last night! Oh Rudy. You are so headstrong and hardheaded. But man, did it make for a sweet victorious story. If you are a "root for the underdog, Cinderella story" kind of person then should definitely watch this (if you haven't already and I'm sure you have). Loved it. Maybe there was a tear on my cheek at the end, maybe there wasn't. (There definitely was)

2 comments:

Anna said...

I can not believe you haven't seen Rudy before! It's a wonderful movie!! Maybe I just love it because all my family members are Notre Dame fans since they grew up there:)

Also, mmm Cary Grant!

Heather said...

Hello? Where have you been? Not watched Rudy? Yeah, it's a good one. LOVE LOVE LOVE An Affair to Remember. Too funny that Gary and John suckered you into a western and you liked it. Way to be strong SIL!