Sunday, September 13, 2009

irish fest 09

The Pittsburgh Irish Festival was this weekend and of course we had to go, our last name is Kelly after all! It was so fun! We loved the Gaelic music and delicious food, however I'm not a big fan of Murphy's beer (just a side note there). I felt so festive and like I was a part of a strong heritage (if only by marriage, but hey, who's being specific?). There was green, plaid, pale skin and red hair everywhere! While browsing the Irish crafts I found a craftsman (who happened to be from Deep Gap, NC...holla!) who makes wooden signs with Irish last names on them...hello, perfect! I quickly found "Kelly" and pulled it out of the bin, I then took John back later and we purchased it! I will put a pic up soon (I feel like I say that about everything) but it is so...Irish. The word "Kelly" is carved in a Gaelic-Irish type script on a piece of wood that is about two feet long, it has has a Celtic knot carved at both ends of the board. We plan to hang it somewhere in the house, location soon to be determined. All in all it was a great time and we're so glad that we went...a little sad that there were no leprechauns or pots of gold but there were plenty of kilts :)


(photo courtesy of Google search)

1 comment:

katie said...

who let the gingers out? who? who?...sorry if that is offensive..but it was neccesarry :)