Saturday, August 29, 2009

yummy yummy


Yesterday was definitely the day of yummy food for me. I began the day with my Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread for breakfast then we ordered lunch from Kassab's (a Lebanese restaurant that is quickly becoming one of my fave places). I have had the Falafel platter from Kassab's which is delish but yesterday I thought I would try the Vegetarian Moussaka and let me tell you it far exceeded my expectations! It was so freaking yummy I almost passed out at my desk! For those who don't know (I didn't before yesterday) moussaka is basically a Mediterranean lasagna dish. It was layered with eggplant, peas, corn, cous cous, potatoes, cheese and other various veggies that were stuffed in there. I ate that thing so quick and then quickly regretted eating the entire thing (my tummy was a little more than stuffed). I'm going to try my own recipe but if you are ever at a restaurant that serves this you MUST try it, I promise you will not be disappointed! Oh yeah, and I also ordered a piece of baklava from Kassab's as a mid afternoon snack.

Then for dinner I made a pizza...this is what it looked like: the entire pizza had pizza sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, fresh basil and mushrooms...1/3 of the pizza had halved cherry tomatoes and the other 2/3 had lots of pepperoni. It was sooooo good! Mmmm, I forgot how much I love fresh tomatoes (we've been blessed with neighbors and co-workers who have grown some this year and want to share). I love fresh veggies and I love homemade pizza! What a yummy day :)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I bet the Baklava was not as good as the lady's that was selling it on the street! Yummo!