Saturday, August 8, 2009

the boondock saints

Last night, hubs and I decided that we were way too tired/lazy to do anything except eat a make-shift meal at home and watch a movie. The meal(s), I will say were pretty darn good for make-shift...I took a fresh tomato and cut it in slices then cut up some fresh basil and put it on top of the tomato slices and then topped it with mozzarella cheese. I drizzled olive oil and garlic powder over top...guess whose meal that was...uh huh, not John's that's for sure. His meal was homemade nachos complete with taco meat, black beans, green onions, corn and cheese plus baked so they were deliciously (I'm guessing here) crispy. Anywho, now that the food description is out of the way (hey, what can I say? I'm a foodie for Pete's sake)...the movie we chose to watch was The Boondock Saints which I really, really enjoyed. It's set in Boston and its about two Irish brothers (love their accent!) who become vigilantes. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind actors swearing a lot (after awhile you start to ignore it) and quite a bit of killing...its not too gruesome though. Even though I may have just made you stray from the movie, it actually is really good. I highly recommend it...4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

The foods actually sound pretty good for "make-shift"! Something to add more flavor to the tomato, basil dish would be a splash of Balsamic vinegar. Love the stuff!