Sunday, November 16, 2008

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful...yup, you guessed it, it snowed here today! Yay! It was so beautiful! Although it snowed all day long it didn't stick until the sun went down so there's just a small, thin layer on the ground right now. However it's supposed to snow throughout this entire week, yay! I know I'm so excited right now and in January I'll be sick of it so don't feel like you have to rub it in my face then. But anyway its wonderful right now!!

So today I've been cooking away (surprise, surprise). I've been making an Italian pot roast (delish!), egg salad, and cookies. It was snowing so of course you have to make homemade chocolate chip cookies, right? Well, I had my fill of about 3 cookies so I plan on taking most of them to work tomorrow so that they're out of the house.

The other JK's birthday is coming up this Wednesday so I went and bought his gift yesterday along with all of my Christmas shopping for his side of the family (which I finished with one online purchase and only 2 stores!). Well its hard to hide a gift from someone when you live with them, especially if its large and especially if you can't keep a secret from them. Well after I kept asking him if he wanted one of his gifts (I bought him one big gift and a couple of little ones) and he kept responding "no, it doesn't matter"...I pushed a little harder and he finally said he would love to have one now. So I let him open his big gift and it was a toolbox! Yay, just want he wanted...except that I had bought the wrong one. When I bought it, I knew that it would probably be the wrong one so we took it back today and got the one he wanted. Well I might also add that he's been organizing our basement and he said he could organize a little more if he had his toolbox, that's when I offered the gift one last time. He loved it and now its time for me to go to bed, but I'll leave you with a couple of pictures we took in the snow.





And no, even though it looks like I gained 20 lbs., its just layered fleece. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Umm you don't look like you gained 20 pounds. I love the pics of you two snow bunnies though. Send some our way!