Friday, November 21, 2008

i'm checking out

Today I came home from work and remembered that I needed to run a few errands. Well I decided that I would go ahead and get it over with instead of wait awhile and have the roads freeze up more (mind you, it was 25 degrees by the time I got home). Well everyone was driving soooo slow and my patience (lovingly passed down from my mother) was wearing thin but I followed suite because I had no other options. As I was nearing my destination our trusty GPS had me go down more residential roads which apparently hadn't been driven on as much as the main roads and yes my max was at the most 20 miles per hour (so no, I was not going fast)...anyway I started going down a hill (a slight hill, not a steep one) and I began to break because I was coming up on a stop sign and my brakes locked up! I couldn't stop and I went right through the intersection! Not only was I frightened because I couldn't control it (mind you, the car wasn't all over the place, it simply wouldn't stop) but I'm also a huge rule abider, especially when it comes to road rules. So I was scared because of my present situation and I was upset because I had outrightly ran a stop sign! Anyway, I lived and I turned around and went back home...no more venturing for that particular errand.

Needless to say, I'm checking out of PA...NC here I come! Sure the snow is beautiful (for now) but it is cold, it is windy which makes it colder and its dangerous people! I don't know how I'm going to survive. I would much rather take the cool weather and flat roads that I grew up with as opposed to 25 degree weather and crazy hills. I mean JK won't miss me, will he? He's got schoolwork and all of that stuff. Just kidding. I was walking to Rite Aid with my knee length wool coat, jeans, a sweater, Uggs, and a thick scarf and it felt like I was wearing a t-shirt...dang weather! Not to sound like a broken record, but this weather is wearing on me already :( I'm just glad that I'm bundled up in my warm home tonight.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

We miss you and want you back on flat roads as well! The only "hills" you should have to go on could be in Boone for my birthday or something. With it fast approaching, I can't help but think what a great time we had and how happy we were that weekend! Best birthday ever! Anyhoo, Christmas is a little over a month away and you will be HOME! Loves! Cis