Wednesday, November 12, 2008

cooking extravaganza

There has been a lot of cooking going on at our house lately, and quite delicious might I add. I made pizza the other night (so delish) and went ahead and prepared some things for chili for the next night. I figured while I was in the kitch I would go ahead and make this Paula Deen recipe for maraschino cherry cookies and they were yummmmy! They didn't turn out looking as picture perfect as Paula's, but I think its all in the taste, as long as it looks edible and tastes good, well that's good enough for me. Anywho...my fave food item I've made this week thus far are cheddar garlic biscuits! Just like at Red Lobster, wahoo! I had a craving for them while I was at work today and then remembered that JK's grandma had given me a cookbook with a recipe for them in it. Here it is, so that you too can make incredible biscuits:

1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2/3 c. milk
3/4 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 c. Bisquick

1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. butter

Stir all ingredients together until a soft dough forms. Drop by the tablespoonfuls onto an un-greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Melt the butter with 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Brush over the warm biscuits. Enjoy!

No comments: