Saturday, August 18, 2012

blessed

I feel like I rarely share my true, deep thoughts on this blog so I figured I'd fill you guys in today...

Today I just feel blessed.  Which is a really great feeling.  I always know that I'm blessed; I mean I was created by a God who loves me, I'm healthy, I have a loving husband and two fantastic families, a roof over my head, great friends, a precious dog, a job I love, the list goes on...but today I feel exceptionally blessed.

I woke up this morning (late morning) and made my breakfast, nothing special, just eggs and toast.  I lit a candle and watched some TV.  Then I took Dixie for our usual walk.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but the entire time I just felt so peaceful and blessed.  And I'm really thankful for days, moments even, like that.  Those are really special little treasures and I intend to store them up and remember them on a dark day.

Because the dark days come so easily and too frequently.  It's so easy to think what "could've been", like if we didn't live here, where would we be?  If John wasn't in school up here, would I be in school somewhere else?  Would I have a different career?  Would we have children now?  Would we be closer to family?  And I think those thoughts and feel those feelings more deeply after I've recently spent time with family (which would be right about now).  Those thoughts can be very overwhelming.

Then I just have to remember that God has us here for a reason, whatever reason that may be, and I have to trust that we're doing the right thing.  And oh by the way, we still have the rest of our lives ahead of us.  Like I said, it's easy for me to get caught up in negative thoughts because aren't they just easier to come by than positive ones?  That's sad to me.  So today I'm going to keep feeling blessed and soak in the peaceful feeling that's consuming me right now.  And I encourage you to do the same.  Whatever situation you may be in right now, I hope that you will embrace happiness and peace.  Hugs and kisses to all of my readers :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are right about God having a reason...remember that the safest place to be is in the center of His will. And God's will is what we would choose if we knew all the facts. I wish I could claim that wisdom as my own, but I got it from the Duggar's. :)

I find that everytime I'm tempted to think something negative or say something bad, I will try to look for one positive and thank God for that. Turns the situation around real quick.

Love you.