Sunday, January 23, 2011

your daily (marilyn) quote

Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.

Marilyn Monroe

Today's quote was inspired by the Marilyn Monroe: Life as a Legend exhibit at the Andy Warhol Museum. I was lucky enough to be able to go on its last day in Pittsburgh with my friend Pallas. We loved the exhibit! I mean Marilyn's beauty was just exemplified by the exhibit. I've always known she was gorgeous but it was incredible to see her in various photographs and paintings as well as a variety of artist's interpretations of her. She exuded grace, beauty and sexuality. Very classic.

Here are a few of my faves:













(photo cred to google search and their respective photographers/artists...i take no credit for these photos)

3 comments:

katie said...

aww I 'm so jealous! I bet that was so much fun! I love the warhol museum and I'm sure I would ave loved all the other artists

Mom said...

Amazing! What a fun Sunday snowy afternoon treat!

ABby said...

jealous!