Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ouch.

Do you care if I complain? Don't mind if I do. I would like to write a letter to the Department of Wintery Side Effects. No, this has nothing to do with snow. Or wind chills of 0 degrees. Or slushy nasty roads. Or ridiculous heat bills. It has everything to do with this dang cold weather outside and dry heat inside. Mixed with washing my hands and apparently not lube-ing up my hands every two seconds has all resulted in multiple split cuticles. I know you're like "oh my gosh, she's such a baby". But have you ever had a split cuticle?! I just counted and I have at least 7! 7! Even as I type this it feels like a little knife is stabbing my finger with each stroke. I googled images of split cuticles so that you could have a point of reference, but let me tell you those things were nasty. At least mine aren't nasty. But they hurt! And anytime you touch anything that is not as bland as milk (i.e. fresh orange juice, salty foods, soap, disinfectant) it stings like the Dickens! I am not a happy girl right now. And to add to it, John claims to "not see anything" when I shove my fingers in his face. Grrr. If you have any solutions other than hand cream holla them out in the comments section, much love from my busted fingers.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

sI have the same thing. rub pure vitamin E oil( available @ CVS about $6.00) into them 3 times a day. It really helps the pain and crustiness!

katie said...

ughhh....i hate when my cuticles split it sucks! and it seems like you only drop acidic foods/drinks when that happens blahhh

Cynthia said...

I like "Look Ma, New Hands" from Bath and Body Works. It has parafin in it and really helps to soften my sandpaper hands. Antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer at work eats my hands up!