Sunday, January 24, 2010

movie time!

I've watched quite a bit of movies lately so I thought that I would share them with ya'll:

UP

This is an adorable movie. If you're looking for something light hearted and cute, you've got it. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

The Hangover

This movie is freakin HILARIOUS!! I loved it!! At first I thought it was going to be vulgar but when I was assured by a few good friends that it wasn't but it was soooo funny I decided to watch it. I highly recommend it, warning: there are a lot of swear words, so if that bothers you then you might not like it. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Taking Woodstock

This movie was awful with a capital A. When we rented it we thought "oh, there should be some good music in it and Demetri (whatever his last name is) is so funny". No. Not at all. So boring. Its one of those movies where you wonder when there will be a point or you're like "oh this has to get better". But it didn't. It gets 0.5 out of 5 stars.

It's Complicated

Before I even start this review this needs to be stated; I ADORE Meryl Streep, she is an incredible actress!! I don't think I've seen her in a movie where I didn't absolutely love her. And she has such a classic beauty, I hope to grow up with her class. Anywho...this movie was sooo cute and funny! I mean how could it not be? It has my girl Meryl in it plus Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin! I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Avatar

This all started because John really wanted to see it and suggested it for a date night. Since I'm a good wife I begrudginly said yes. I mean only dorks go see movies like Avatar, right? Right. So we went to theaters, paid for the tickets, retrieved our 3D glasses and found our seats. Yes, my arms were crossed almost the whole time to show off my begrudiness (yes that's a word and yes, John has become immune to this type of behavior). The movie begins and I'm like rolling my eyes (no one can see because its dark and I have huge 3D glasses on). Then about 10 minutes into the movie I was in love! I was enthralled by the movie, I absolutely LOVED it. The special effects were incredible, the storyline was great and just the whole thing was awesome! Now you all know that I can be an obstinate, prideful person so it pains me to write how incredible this movie is. But it is! I would totally go see it again and I highly, highly recommend it!! This movie definitely gets 5 out of 5 stars!



2 comments:

Heather said...

We just saw up for the first time last weekend. It was Anna's first movie and she actually say still for 45 minutes and was pretty tame the rest of the time. We loved the movie. Ohh and you crack me up about Avatar...DORK!

delores lail said...

Who knew. Avatar #1 movie ever surpassing Titanic, today! It must be an awesome movie.