Saturday, January 16, 2010

lately...

In the past week I have contracted some disgusting sickness that has claimed my voice and ability to sleep through the night. Ok, ok, I have a cold. But I don't get sick very often and I don't like it when I do! Its slowin my roll and I don't appreciate it! I couldn't get off of the couch last Sunday (when the sickness appeared at our house), Monday I worked from home and sounded like a sketchy man and the other days I worked, volunteered, ran errands and came home to pass out. I hate when your body just feels exhausted...grrrr. Doesn't my immune system know that I just started a new job and I have to finish putting Christmas decor in storage?!

On a brighter note, I'm officially in full swing with my new job! And...drum roll please....I LOVE IT! How long has it been since I can say that I love my job?? Too long, that's the answer. God has seriously blessed me and I am so very thankful. Unfortunately due to HIPAA violations, I won't be able to tell ya'll a lot about my day to day tasks. But I can tell you that my clients are awesome and I love working with them. I'm daily reminded of simple happiness and how seemingly small goals that are attained can be SO huge. Yay! :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I SOOOO know how you feel. I got sick last weekend and spent the entire week trying to get over it. This one was a doozie! I hope you are feeling better.

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick, but so glad you love your job! I also think it's great you're learning sign language...something I've always wanted to do! Loves and miss you!