Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...

I have witnessed a Christmas miracle!

Until last night I thought that 90% of Pittsburgh was filled with Scrooges...no one here seems to like Christmas, in fact a lot of them have hard feelings towards the holiday and hate it. Of course being a Christmas Crazy and coming from a family full of CCs and then living with developing CCs, I was not used to these types of feelings. Well, all of that aside...JK and I went to this incredible home last night. He read about it on cnn.com and my cuzzie Emily even told me about it. To say the least...it is absolutely amazing! Its just your average middle class suburbia type of house...decorated with 210,000 Christmas lights that are synced with a computer so that they go on and off with the music that is being played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We parked infront of their house and turned the radio on the designated station and just watched in awe for about 30-45 minutes. It was wonderful, during the first song I teared up (as I seem to be doing with anything Christmas-like this year). And then I told John that I wanted to go up and ring the door bell and hug the owners and tell them thank you, he wouldn't let me though. Anyway, they have a website: http://steelcitychristmas.com/index.htm

Make sure that you click "videos" and then "2008 videos" and you'll see the display we saw last night with some of the songs we listened to. Please go see this, I was amazed! There were so many people that I wish I could have just blinked and they would be there because I know how much they would've loved it! Ok, its incredible...and now I'll stop endorsing them...just watch it! :) Merry merry!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yea! I wish I could have seen it in person. I bet it was amazing! And I thought I did pretty good with my garland lights on my back porch!

Cynthia said...

I think you know who would have loved this! BTW...I'm the only CC (CC Cooch). I'm so glad you got to see this and I think you should have gone to the door to hug the home-ownwers!

Allison said...

I just got teared up thinking about that jessi..you made me wish for a minute that I could be at home for Christmas! Shame on your for reminding me of my love of Christmas...now I miss it! Oh well I will just walk back out in the 100 degree heat and forget all about it again. Love you though and I wish I could be there to see it and be playing in the snow!