Thursday, December 11, 2008

Newsflash people: Its Christmastime!!!

Alright, alright...I know its been quite awhile since I've posted last. Sorry for the delay blog lovers...its been a busy week, it just seems like every night gets away from me before I can blog...sad, I know. Anywho...it is sooo Christmastime! I've been doing Christmas baking, shopping, drinking Christmas tea, wearing Christmas colors every day this week to work and decorating our lovely new Christmas tree! That's right, I said OUR Christmas tree!! Thanks to my sweet aunt Cissy we have a beautiful Christmas tree in our living room. I thought that I would be ok and just be able to make it until we got to my parents' house and see their Christmas trees. But once Cis made a donation to the Kelly Christmas fund we were able to go and get a tree! Oh by the way, Lowe's and Michael's have all of their Christmas stuff 50% off! So go get some stuff now! Once we set up the tree I was just entranced with its beauty. A Christmas tree is just so magical and I'm so thankful and happy that we have one! It was really fun decorating it and making it our own tree, its so pretty!

I've posted some pics of the tree and of some delicious gingerbread cookies that I made on Saturday. Hope you like them!








5 comments:

Cynthia said...

It's so beautiful!!!! I'm so glad you got a tree so you and John can really enjoy your Christmas with the warmth beauty it brings. You know there AIN'T nothin' I wouldn't do for you 'cause I love you more than my luggage! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Oh by the way, the cookies look delicious! Also, did you borrow Paula's sweater to wear to work so you'd have on Christmas colors?! HaHa! Loves!

Emily said...

I love it! Christmas trees really are magical. I turn all the lights off in my living room and just stare at it. I'm so glad you got your tree, Boo! Loves ya!

PamCakes said...

Awwe - way to go aunt Cynthia, it would be a tragedy for Jessi not to have a Christmas tree!!!

crystal said...

What an amazing CHRISTMAS TREE! So beautiful~ Enjoy your first Christmas in your new house!!

Heather said...

It's GORGEOUS! (and the lights are so lovely) You two did a great job decorating it and making your home feel so festive. Congrats on your first tree!