Monday, December 1, 2008

new year's resolution

Yes, people I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself (and my parents thought I couldn't plan ahead) but I just chose my New Year's resolution and decided to post it before I made up my mind that it was too hard. So here it is (drum roll please): I'm not going to drink soda. Ahh! I know, I know, it is crazy and how in the world can I do this since I drink a Diet Mt. Dew almost everyday?! I'm not sure and I definitely don't have all of the answers. I was thrown into this decision by reading yet another article on how great it is to drink water (mind you it was on the side of a generic Frosted Mini Wheats box...but still an article all the same). And I do love water. I can tell when my body has not had any because when I take the first sip after a drought I can't stop drinking it! And let's face it Pittsburgh weather hadn't been too good to my skin, I'm dry all over and it ain't pretty. I'm going to try to get in my regimented 64 oz. a day from here until New Years but I will sneak in a soda every now and then until D-Day. And I'm not promising big things here people, I have little self control especially when it comes to something that I love as much as DMD. The resolution may only last a month (hey, whose doesn't?)...but I'm going to try and stay on the water train for as long as possible.

Side note: Some hooch down the street has still not taken down her elaborate Halloween decorations. They did look extra spooky and great during Halloween, then Thanksgiving rolled around and John asked if they were Halloween or "fall" decorations and I gave the woman a little credit and said fall but now its getting ridiculous! Maybe she doesn't know that she lives less than a block away from a Christmas Crazy...well she's about to find out because I am THIS CLOSE to taking them down myself. Who am I kidding, I'm just going to give the evil eye and scowl at her everytime I drive past her house. Oh and Emily, the Jews around here aren't up to par with their blue lights...a dissapointment to say the least.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Okay, you've opened several opportunities for comments from me! I used to keep a diet 7-up, Dr. Pepper, or Coke AND a cup of coffee on my desk at all times for years. Then almost 8 years ago, I decided to give up soft drinks for Lent because Abby was afraid I would get a brain tumor from the artificial sweetener. (and now who only drinks diet drinks, Abby?!). It made the trip to Honduras , where they tell you not to drink the water, very difficult, but I did it! YOU CAN DO IT! Secondly, don't you remember the realization we made when your mom and I came to visit, there are no pretty "Pittsburghans" and we figured it could be the harsh weather! You have to take care of yourself...don't want to blend in with that crowd! And last but not least, What is up with the Jewish population there?! Do they need to call me for decorating advice? I still have my menorah and blue lights from the year I celebrated every holiday! I say "Bah-Humbug" to them and the spooky-hooch down the street! Loves!

Emily said...

That's sad about the blue lights, but cheer up, Charlie, there is still plenty of time before Christmas, I mean Hanakah, to put them up.

Also, FYI, be prepared for some massive headaches after you stop drinking sodas. It was second to quitting smoking in the withdraw symptom department.

Loves!