Wednesday, October 12, 2011

books, lately

Great book.  It basically follows the lives of two best friends through three decades.  Focuses on female friendships and the other relationships in their lives.  I really love how you see the characters evolve throughout the decades.  I thought Hannah painted a very realistic picture of women's lives and all that really goes on with full inner dialogue and everything.  It reminded me a lot of an Elin Hilderbrand novel.  I really enjoyed it :)


Oh my goodness.  This book was described as a "psychological thriller" which of course hooked me.  And thriller it was, I've been glued to this book for the past few days!  Lots of twists and turns.  I mean, I literally couldn't turn the pages quick enough.  Here's a peek (taken from goodreads.com): 
So begins The Doctor's Wife, a stunning debut novel about four people and the cataclysmic intersection of their lives. Michael is a rising OB/GYN at a prominent private practice in Albany, New York; he also moonlights at a local women's health clinic. But Annie, his wife, has become tired of her workaholic husband's absences, and the soccer-mom lifestyle has worn thin. She begins a passionate love affair with bad-boy, fading celebrity painter Simon Haas an affair that quickly goes awry when Simon's wife Lydia, who is also the model upon whom he built his career, discovers the truth. Abortion, local evangelism, marital disenchantment, and the rifts of social class: Brundage takes on the fault lines of our era with a deft hand.

No comments: