Sunday, October 24, 2010

turkey sausage and cabbage

We had this for dinner tonight and it was delicious!

  • 14 oz. of turkey sausage (looks like kielbasa)
  • half of a medium head of cabbage, chopped into chunks
  • half of an onion, chopped into chunks
  • 6 oz. of mushrooms, sliced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • pinch of salt
  • a few dashes of Mrs. Dash (the original seasoning)
These are just guestimates of what I used tonight, I threw in what was in the fridge basically. Get a large frying pan and add a bit of olive oil (enough to coat the surface). Then I added the onions and cabbage and let them simmer (with the top on) for about 5 minutes...I also added about 2 tbsp. of water, because I thought it was a good idea, this isn't necessary...I don't think. Then I sliced up the turkey sausage into 1/2 in. thick slices and threw that and the mushrooms in. Then came the garlic and seasoning. I basically let it simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. I just watched it until the cabbage looked cooked down but still had a bit of crunch to it. It was freaking delicious, enjoy!

No comments: