Sunday, April 25, 2010

movies, lately

Brothers


This movie was really good. I'm sure most of you have seen the previews or have heard of it. Its basically about a military family, dad goes off to war and dies...or so they thing (dun dun dun). And of course I adore Natalie Portman so we had to watch it. It is sad to see what military families have to go through, I truly respect each of them.

Precious

I had to see it because everyone has been talking about it. I must say I really liked this movie. If you're looking for a happy-go-lucky movie, this is not for you. I've always been interested in what other peoples' lives are like, especially those that are different from me. Very, very interesting. If you're looking for a deep movie, I highly recommend it.

The Men Who Stare at Goats


Blah blah blah blah blah. I did not like this movie at all. I thought it was totally pointless and kinda dumb. I think its supposed to be funny, but it wasn't. We were so disappointed after watching it we decided to watch a movie that is an all time fave, Napoleon Dynamite, just to lift our spirits.

Couples Retreat

I saw this movie in the theater with Anna, but when John and I were looking for a movie that was light and funny I decided to watch it again. And I loved it again! It is very, very funny. I really like Vince Vaughn, he's great :) Highly recommend :)

1 comment:

mom said...

Ok, so I love the movie GWTW, but could never push through the book after starting 5 times. A very hard dialect to absorb (don't hate me Cynthia). But I am a big GWTW fan!!!