Friday, April 9, 2010

book(s) report

I've been reading/listening to quite a few books lately. I'm telling you, if you travel a lot for your job then audio books is definitely the way to go (if you're into books that is).

Here are some I've read lately:

Everything She Thought She Wanted by Elizabeth Buchan
This one is pretty good. It follows the lives of two women stuck in very different times in their lives. One is a woman in her 40s living in the 1950s. She is basically having a mid life crisis and is tempted by an affair with a younger man. The other woman is in her early 30s living in 2003ish. She's established in her career and her husband is urging her to have a baby. Entertaining. I give it a 2 out of 5.

Bright Lights, Big A** by Jen Lancaster
Freakin hilarious! I adore Jen Lancaster, she makes me laugh so hard! She writes the things that most of us are thinking but just too scared to say out loud. If she were Southern then she would be absolutely perfect (sorry Jen). 5 out of 5, definitely!

The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller
Interesting. Definitely interesting. I did like it, didn't love it but I did like it. I give it about 2 out of 5.

No comments: