Thursday, August 8, 2013

cliffhanger

I just binge posted so that I could get in as many trip tales before I go to the beach for a few days and leave y'all hanging.  But I left you with a good cliffhanger!  When I get back from the beach (next Wednesday), I'll start posting about our time on the John Muir Trail (we'll shorten that to the JMT).  Get ready because there's some good stuff.  The JMT was the hardest, most challenging thing I've ever done in my life; physically, mentally and emotionally.  I've never had to put survival so much in the forefront of my mind before.  At the same time I never really felt like my life was in danger except for those few steep mountain passes that were covered in snow.

(One of my favorite pictures of myself because it makes me feel fearless.  I still can't believe I did that.)

But we'll get to all of that later.  Thanks for being faithful readers and I promise to post when I return on Wednesday!

No comments: