Saturday, April 14, 2012

spring

This is a binge post on Spring.  It's here.  Finally.  Even after we had a snow dusting(!) last week.  It was warmish and sunny today this morning.  I know this because my husband signed me up for a 9:15 a.m. dentist appointment on a Saturday (a Saturday! i know!).  Don't worry, many guilt trips have been given over the past few days.  Verdict: he seems unfazed and I was still pissed going to the appointment.  Anyway, I digress. 

Since I was up at the crack of dawn (on a Saturday!), I decided to get some stuff done.  I ran a few errands and mosied on over to Lowe's for my annual herbs/flowers shopping spree.  Right after I got home and planted them it started to rain, so I will post pictures one day when it isn't raining.  That's another thing, it's totally Spring because there's sunshine then two minutes later it's raining, then back to sunshine again.

Another reason I know it's Spring is because my allergies have come back with a vengeance.  Sit down a spell, I have a story to tell (yes I rhymed).  Pretty much the entire time I lived down South my nasal area hated life from March to May.  I couldn't stop sneezing, blowing my nose, and rubbing my eyeballs so hard that I looked like I was high 24/7.  Then we moved to PA and the pollen levels were significantly lower.  Like so much so that I was able to walk around and actually enjoy the beautiful flowers without sneezing all over them.  It was nice.  Then this Spring came and my nasal area decided to wreak havoc on my body again.  I seriously sneeze like 7 or 8 times in a row.  Very dramatic, and not the kind of drama that I welcome.  And yes, I've tried every allergy medicine under the sun, some work for a little bit but they all eventually stop.  Here's a conversation I had the other day with the 3 year old I watch:

Me: sneeze sneeze sneeze
B: Jessi, why you sneeze so much?
Me: Because I have this thing called allergies and you sneeze a lot because of the pollen in the flowers.
B: Oh.

(3 hours later)

Me: sneeze sneeze sneeze sneeze sneeze
B: Jessi, why you coughing?
Me: I'm not, I'm sneezing.
B: Oh, but why?
Me: Because, remember, I have allergies?
B: You STILL have that?!
Me: Yeah, it doesn't really go away for a long time
B: (silence)

Yet another reason to love Spring, all the springy clothes and what not.  One of my fave things this season are these pants I bought (and I just saw that they're $15 now so I'm probably going to go back and buy another pair):


So yeah, Spring is a pretty great time of the year, even if I do look/act like a zombie 24/7.

No comments: