Tuesday, April 24, 2012

lately

I often feel like I don't have a lot going on and then I look at my blog and realize that I haven't posted in a week.  To be fair, I was out of town this past weekend so that accounts for some days of negligence, right? 

Oh, where was I out of town you say?  South Bend, Indiana actually.  I know, right?  That's the farthest "midwest" I've gone in this fine country of ours.  Notice I didn't say west, I've actually been to CA so that's pretty west but I've never ventured into the Midwest.  Ohio doesn't count, it's kinda in its own little area if you ask me.  So yes, I have been to South Bend, Indiana, thank you very much.  I traveled there with my friend Anna for her first ever bridal shower (squeal)!  It was great to be enveloped in a lot of Irish Catholic love!  Anna's family is huge, like her mom has 7 brothers and sisters kind of huge!  So there were a lot of people there to celebrate Anna and Matthew's upcoming wedding and it was great to finally be able to put faces with names.

I also got to see one of my dad's good friends, Bill and his family while I was in South Bend.  Fun fact: I babysat Bill's little girl when she was a baby and she's turning 12 this summer!  12!  I mean, really?  I felt really old but it was really great to see Bill and his family.  They also took me on a great tour of Notre Dame.  What a beautiful and historic campus!  If Anna puts pictures up online I'll swipe some and put them on the blog so that you're not only guided by my words but by pictures too :) 

Oh and we returned to a "winter weather advisory" in PA on Sunday.  Ughhhh.  It's the end of April, how the heck could it be predicted to snow (it didn't, btw) and have a freaking winter weather advisory?!  This place, man, this place (insert disapproving head shake).  So much for my Spring post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a fun weekend! Btw , I looked at the weather forecast for several cities ( south of DC ) for this upcoming weekend... Most are 79-82 degrees, Pittsburg 39 degrees, hmmmm