Sunday, April 29, 2012

lately

I made a stuffed cabbage casserole tonight and it was freaking delicious!

(photo and recipe cred to skinnytaste.com)


We're OBSESSED with this...
I will say I wish it wasn't so stinkin' graphic.  There are times when I literally can't look at the TV because I feel like I'm going to throw up or I'm just plain embarrassed.

I finished this book this week:
 It was OK.  By the way, when you buy a "Kindle Single", please know that it means a very short book.  Hmm...not sure if it was worth my $1.99.  It was kind of interesting but mostly creepy, I give it a 2 out of 5 stars.  Here's Goodreads' description:
After Maureen's husband dies, she imagines that the years of abuse are over, but while looking for the Halloween decorations in the attic, Maureen finds a gift-wrapped GPS with her name on the box: an early birthday present from her late husband. When the voice from the machine starts giving her sinister directions, she learns that sometimes the dead are restless . . . and she's locked in a battle not just for her life but for her soul.

 I'm also doing this Bible study with a group of gals from my church: 
And can I just say a few things?

1. I love Bible studies!  I didn't realize how much I missed the fellowship and homework(gasp!) 'til I was doing it again.
2. I LOVE BETH MOORE.  Like, I really want to be her best friend!  Is she taking applications?
3. The study itself is really great, I'm learning so much about the book of James!  Who knew?

So that's kinda what I've been up to instead of posting :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just finished James at our Bible study. It's a great one to read! I think it is even P's favorite book.

PamCakes said...

Oh that Beth Moore study sounds great Jessi! Love you :)