Thursday, April 26, 2012

asking for help

Dramatic title, right?  Glad I got your attention.  See, I don't ask for help much.  I have a past full of loathing fundraisers (even as a child I cringed having to ask people to buy overpriced Christmas wrapping paper in September).  So now you will know how deeply I care for what I'm about to talk (type) about...

For almost 3 years now I've been volunteering on and off with Women's Choice Network.  It's a crisis pregnancy center which basically means a place where women go when they think they may be pregnant and weren't necessarily planning on being pregnant.  We get girls in their early teens all the way up to middle aged women.  We offer free pregnancy tests, STD tests, sonograms and counseling.  And one of my favorite parts is that we offer material assistance for mothers/couples that are in need. 

It is a pro-life organization and I know that this is a touchy subject that I won't even begin to talk about except that I will note this; I love that the women who run this organization stand firm in their beliefs and offer assistance.  Because I cannot stand when people condemn others for the choices they've made and offer them no help.  For instance, if you're going to encourage a 17 year old girl to give birth to her baby, then I can darn well respect you for giving her the materials she needs to raise this child, connecting her to a whole slew of networks that can also support her, offer free counseling and basically being with her through every step of the way.  And that's exactly what WCN does.

And since this is a non-profit it runs on donations alone.  This is where you come in!  I'm walking and raising money for the center by participating in the Walk for Life.  And I'm asking you to help sponsor me.  Please :)  But please don't feel compelled to give.  Only if you want to.  And if you want to, here's how:

1. Go to the Walk for Life fundraising page
2. Click on "give"
3. Then a nifty little box will pop up with people's pictures (the walkers) and click on me, Jessi Kelly
4. Then click the big "give" button and follow their directions

I am so thankful for all of you who put up with this blog and it's major hiatuses and posting binges!  Thank you for reading this and thank you for your support!  Y'all are wonderful, beautiful people!  (I'm sending big hugs and kisses your way!) XOXOXO

No comments: